Monday, February 20, 2012

MEEK MILL TALKS MMG DEBUT "DREAMS & NIGHTMARES"


Maybach Music Group rapper Meek Mill is currently gearing up to drop his long-awaited debut album this year and has revealed its title will be Dreams & Nightmares. While mum on the details, Meek said the LP would tentatively hit stores in the summer. "We out in L.A., Grammy weekend. On our way to Club Colony to do our thing. MMG we in the building. You already know man. I ain't get no Grammy's this year, but next year it's gonna be a wrap. Wrap city," Meek said in an interview, "dropping my album in 2012. This summer, Dreams & Nightmares. Wrap city. They don't give it to me I'm gonna take it. That's how we ride. Feel me? Cause we want it all. Young n*ggas from the ghetto getting money." (Maybach Music Blog)

Last year, "King of the South" rapper T.I. talked about trying to sign Meek.Unfortunately Mill's Grand Hustle signing fell through due to T.I.'s run-ins with the law. "After my two hiatuses I was put in a position where I couldn't really make moves on Meek as quick as he may have wanted to," T.I. told Billboard.com's The Juice. "I never been one want to hold anyone back or to slow down the success of anybody. I'm the first to try to enhance what you have and if I can't make it better than I shouldn't be a part of it." (The Juice)

In mid-November, Maybach Music Group leader Rick Ross expressed the importance of a strong Meek Mill debut."That's what the focus is: making sure it's classic. And I'm really excited and proud that the homey is taking his time to go to that next level," Ross said. "Of course he's the hardest new artist in the game -- we know that, hands down. Of course he can capitalize right now and we know that, that's the obvious. But what's not, is his debut album will be a classic." (MTV)



1 comment:

  1. Meek Millz is a beast but dreamchasers 2 will be dropping first then the album #SALUTE

    ReplyDelete