Monday, February 20, 2012

50 CENT PUSHES HIS ALBUM BACK PROBLEMS AT INTERSCOPE AGAIN?


Fans hoping to get their hands on a new 50 Cent solo album may have to wait a bit longer as the G-Unit leader has expressed disinterest in putting the project out. Based on a Twitter response to a fan, Fif gave little assurance of the LP being retail-ready in the near future. This is the first real sign that 50?s fifth, yet untitled album may never arrive in stores anytime soon. In a response to a fan asking "so did you just give up on your new album? I was expecting a classic man", 50 said "I may have to fall back" signalling that the long delayed LP may be shelved, at least for the time being. (Hip Hop N More)

Last month, the rap star blamed Interscope Records' lack of interest and energy for delaying its release."I wrote this album. I went through the process of writing it. It's been discouraging at points to not see the same efforts from everyone," 50 said when asked about his label frustrations and perceived depression. "As far as me partnering with Feeding America for this actual project, the business model that I adapted was -- conscious capitalism. [New album this year?] Hopefully." (CES)

A few weeks ago, Fif issued an open apology for going off on Interscope over an unauthorized leak via twitter. "Discovered a computer glitch leaked my song. Sorry to team at interscope for over reacting!," he tweeted January 8th. "I put a lot in to this project but I don't care if it ever comes out. Jimmy iovine has been like a mentor for me. I just want to stay friends" (50 Cent's Twitter)

In December, the New York rap star revealed he had no intention of rushing out a new LP."I want to come out at the top of the year, I want to be ready, but, you know, of course it's all on how everybody else puts together their actual marketing campaign and get it right," 50 said in an interview with DJ Whoo Kid. "I don't have a timeline anymore. I'm doing the Dr. Dre. I'm doing what Eminem does. I've been on a shot clock my entire career. 'I've gotta come out during this period. I've got to come out during this period.' Like, every other year. My albums are so successful that it would take me a year to get done touring off of them. I may not necessarily tour off of this album. I might release it and decide I'm going to make the next one instead of actually going out and touring and let everybody live with that and do something different. Or they'll see me at spot dates." (Shade 45)

1 comment:

  1. A few weeks ago, Fif issued an open apology for going off on Interscope over an unauthorized leak via twitter.
    search engine marketing firms

    ReplyDelete